Thursday, January 29, 2009

It’s a dog’s life

Have you ever stopped to think; how good does my dog have it? As I sit here in my lounge room typing on my laptop, my two dogs; Archie a Boxer and Joseph a black Labrador Retriever lie on their beds sleeping, where they have remained for most of the day.

A typical day for my dogs begins with a hearty breakfast followed by a quick game of fetch or tug-o-war in the backyard. When we head off to work, they are kept entertained with the latest chew toys or a puzzle toy filled with treats. In the summer months they even have access to a mini swimming pool so they can cool off on hot days.

Upon our return from a hard days work the dogs are again fed. After dinner it’s time for a training session or another game followed by their evening walk down to the local dog park. Once home, they return to their favourite spot – their beds in the lounge room where they remain until the next morning.

Weekends entail other special things for Archie and Joseph; a trip to the local dog-friendly café, a visit to our family’s house or a treat to chew on.

When I think about it, my dogs don’t have much to worry about. They are given everything their little hearts desire and don’t have to work a day in their lives, except of course to provide unconditional love to us!

No comments: